Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cell phone etiquette, we don't want to hear you

With the advent of new technologies and communication devices more and more people are using their cellphones for everything from shopping to phone calls. The problem is there is no rules for people on cell phones. Our rule at my bar is if you are on a cell phone you will not be served. There is nothing more frustrating then a person on a cell phone sitting at a crowded bar having a conversation that the rest of us don't want to hear. If you walk into a bar on your phone do not come to the bar to get served. Do not tell me to wait for you while you finish your conversation. You came to me to get a drink. I don't give a crap that you need to answer this call or that you need to call the office. Get your work done before you walk into a public area. The person sitting next to you does not want to hear about your relationship or your job. My regulars come to the bar to get away from it all and you are sitting there talking to some other idiot and pissing everyone off. I don't know when people forgot how to act but this is driving me crazy. I watch as every person who walks into the bar alone has the phone to their ear talking to God knows who. It's like a safety blanket for people now. We know that there is no one on the other end of that phone. Your friends are avoiding you for a reason. You are a loser. You do not look cool walking around in circles trying to find someone that will acknowledge your presence. We do not want to hear about your fake business deals that are never going to happen. I love when guys sit on their phone and talk about million dollar deals with their made up friend on the other end in an effort to impress the people around them. You are not impressing anyone. You are being rude! When did people forget manners? There is a way to make and receive calls in public without pissing the rest of us off. The fact that most people don't know how to act is really scary. Having a conversation on your cell phone should never take place around strangers. We all get calls at bad times. Excuse yourself from the public area and take the call outside the bar or any public place you may be. If you are compelled to contact every person in your phone to see what they are doing then get the hell out of my space. If your friends wanted to hang out with you they would have called. They are avoiding you for a reason.
     Also, there is nothing more amazing to me then two people on a date who are constantly on their phones. If you really want to hang out with someone then why are you on the phone the whole time? If I was hanging out with a woman and she was on her phone the whole time, I would assume that I was boring and she was looking for something more interesting. It is really rude to be on your phone when your date is sitting there alone. The fact that people don't realize how rude that is tells me how selfish some people are. Some day soon cell phones are going to be outlawed in public spaces because of the ignorance of cell phone abusers. I ask that the rest of us ignore anyone on their cell phone. I will never serve anyone on their cell phone. Finish your call and quit being so rude and join the rest of us. You are not the President and there is no need for you to be in constant contact with the world.

No comments: